Wednesday, February 8, 2012

...Does not eat the bread of idleness

I promise not to only post about food. :) I'm just so excited to try all of these new recipes and wanted to write about it. I'm sure there will be more but I'll try to intersperse some thoughtful entries as well.

When I was reading the verses in Proverbs 31 the other day, one thing really stood out to me and convicted me. The virtuous woman is constantly in action.
"...works with eager hands."
"She gets up while it is still night..."
"She sets about her work vigorously..."
"...her lamp does not go out at night."
"...does not eat the bread of idleness."

I am currently a work-at-home mom so I can be with my baby girl. I work part time, mostly during her naps or when she is in bed. While she is playing independently, I spend much of my time cruising the internet or reading. I am realizing how much time I have been wasting and I am trying to figure out how to be more productive during this time. I'm learning how to strike a balance between taking care of her (since that is my primary job right now) and also not feeling like a complete lazy bum who had nothing to show for the day. The past couple of days have been better. I've been able to get a little bit of housework done while she plays at my feet. I've actually gotten a few short workouts in (a very difficult thing to do when there is a baby trying to climb up your legs). And I've cooked and baked a lot, providing meals for us this week and freezing three meals for a future week when I don't have time (or am too tired) to cook. I at least feel like I've accomplished something when Jim gets home from work and asks what I did all day :) I'm a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment